GroundWiz Terrain Map
GroundWiz Terrain Map is a procedural 3d terrain map that can be used as a diffuse, bump, displacement, specular, or for that matter any other map type. It uses fractal algorithms to generate terrain textures and mimic real-life terrain.
The following are key features of GroundWiz Terrain Map:
- A procedural map that uses layers combined with fractal algorithms to create natural looking terrain maps.
- Infinite detail possible due to a procedural nature of maps. It can produce realistic vistas but also show great detail on close-ups.
- Since it is a 3d map, it is possible to map any shape (caves, hanging rocks, steep canyon walls...) and any type of object (meshes, patches, nurbs...).
- Other than the standard diffuse color and bump map, each layer can also have extra channel information (displacement, specular, reflection, glossiness... etc.)
- Possible to use images and other 3ds Max maps for all the layer channels (diffuse map, bump map, specular map...).
- Can be used with GroundWiz Planter to specify the planting area and quickly create natural looking growth areas (forests, meadows, fields...).
- Compatible with Default Scanline, mental ray, V-Ray, Brazil & FinalRender Stage-1 renderers.
- Highly customizable with over 100 parameters exposed: parameters are fully scriptable and animatable.
- Importing Features:
- Importer for Terragen world files, surface files and terrain files (it creates optimized editable mesh).
- Importer for raw binary data (with fully adjustable data types) and importer for 3DEM terrain matrix files (it creates optimized editable mesh).